2023 Stumptown Meltdown Hockey Tournament
The Meltdown Hockey Tournament will take place Mar 31 - Apr 2, 2023 in Whitefish, MT at the Stumptown Ice Den. It is an A/B level tournament.
Schedule & Results
Each team is allowed three "A" level players who are designated during game play. Each team is limited to 3 goals per game from the
combined "A" level players. Teams determined to field more than 3 "A" level players will risk having the goal allowance limited further,
having to sit out-of-level players, or potentially losing points for finals seeding.
What is an "A" level player?
Typically these are players who played after high school, with Junior, college or professional experience.
Some players without post-high school experience can be considered "A" players if they possess exceptional hockey skills. "A" players are
typically considered in the top 5% of players in your local association.
Entry fee is $875 with a 3 game guarantee. $200 deposit or full payment due at time of registration. Registration will close when full.
Registration is now closed.
- USA Hockey and WAHA rules apply to all games.
- Games will be three 17 minute running time periods. The last three minutes of the game will be stop-time if the score differential is 2 goals or less.
- Three minute warm-up before games. One minute break between periods.
- Penalties will be three minutes during running time, two minutes if the penalty occurs during stop time.
- No checking is allowed – double minor.
- All players must be equipped with a strapped helmet with a cage or visor, shin guards, elbow pads, gloves, and hockey skates.
- No slap shots or fake slapshots. A slap shot is defined as any wind-up above the waist.
- Captains may only discuss calls with referees. Referee abuse will not be tolerated!
- Players may only compete on one team. Substitutions must be approved by the Tournament Director.
- Scoring: Win = 2pts, Tie = 1pt, Lose = 0pts
- Tiebreaker format: (1) Points, (2) Head to head, (3) Wins, (4) Fewest Goals Against, (5) Most Goals For, (6) Fewest Penality Minutes
- Three minute sudden-death 4-on-4 1st overtime, a three minute sudden-death 3-on-3 2nd overtime, and three man shootout decide the championship if regulation ends in a tie.
- Player penalty rules: Minors (three minute penalty), Double Minor (six minute penalty), Fighting: (major + ejection), Abuse of Officials (minor, 10 minute misconduct, game misconduct), Game Ejection (four minors any combination), Major Penalty (automatic ejection from game with possible tournament suspension.)
- Decisions of the Tournamnet Director are final!