The Whitefish Oktoberfest Tournament has gone on in Whitefish since 2021. It features the fast and competitive adult hockey for players in three different skill levels: B, C, D.
This year's tournament is played September 30th - October 2nd, 2022. In 2022 the
tournament will feature six teams in an upper and lower division.
- Each team MUST be equally comprised of B, C, and D level players. Teams not matching the format will forfeit wins.
- USA Hockey and WAHA rules apply to all games.
- Games will be three 17 minute running time periods. The last three minutes of the game will be stop-time if the score differential is 2 goals or less.
- Three minute warm-up before games. One minute break between periods.
- Penalties will be three minutes during running time, two minutes if the penalty occurs during stop time.
- No checking is allowed – double minor.
- All players must be equipped with a strapped helmet with a cage or visor, shin guards, elbow pads, gloves, and hockey skates.
- No slap shots or fake slapshots. A slap shot is defined as any wind-up above the waist.
- Captains may only discuss calls with referees. Referee abuse will not be tolerated!
- Players may only compete on one team. Substitutions must be approved by the Tournament Director.
- Scoring: Win = 2pts, Tie = 1pt, Lose = 0pts
- Tiebreaker format: (1) Points, (2) Head to head, (3) Wins, (4) Fewest Goals Against, (5) Most Goals For, (6) Fewest Penality Minutes
- Three minute sudden-death overtime and three man shootout if a tie in the championship game.
- Player penalty rules: Minors (three minute penalty), Double Minor (six minute penalty), Fighting: (major + ejection), Abuse of Officials (minor, 10 minute misconduct, game misconduct), Game Ejection (four minors any combination), Major Penalty (automatic ejection from game with possible tournament suspension.)
- Decisions of the Tournamnet Director are final!