The Whitefish Over 40 Tournament has gone on in Whitefish since 2004. It features the fast and competitive adult hockey for players at or over
the age of 40. This year's tournament is played March 18th-20th, 2022. In 2022 the
tournament will feature eight teams in an upper and lower division.
- USA Hockey and WAHA rules apply to all games.
- Games will be three 17 minute running time periods. The last three minutes of the game will be stop-time if the score differential is 2 goals or less.
- Three minute warm-up before games. One minute break between periods.
- Penalties will be three minutes during running time, two minutes if the penalty occurs during stop time.
- No checking is allowed – double minor.
- All players must be equipped with a strapped helmet with a cage or visor, shin guards, elbow pads, gloves, and hockey skates.
- No slap shots or fake slapshots. A slap shot is defined as any wind-up above the waist.
- Captains may only discuss calls with referees. Referee abuse will not be tolerated!
- Players may only compete on one team. Substitutions must be approved by the Tournament Director.
- Scoring: Win = 2pts, Tie = 1pt, Lose = 0pts
- Tiebreaker format: (1) Points, (2) Head to head, (3) Wins, (4) Fewest Goals Against, (5) Most Goals For, (6) Fewest Penality Minutes
- Three minute sudden-death overtime and three man shootout if a tie in the championship game.
- Player penalty rules: Minors (three minute penalty), Double Minor (six minute penalty), Fighting: (major + ejection), Abuse of Officials (minor, 10 minute misconduct, game misconduct), Game Ejection (four minors any combination), Major Penalty (automatic ejection from game with possible tournament suspension.)
- Decisions of the Tournamnet Director are final!